ATX Community

BEWARE! Billing Manager *not* persistent

HV Ken

If you use the charge per form functionality, beware!

If you use the Billing Manager to change the charge on a particular form within a return, once you leave the return and re-enter, the changes are not saved and the form charges are "restored" to their original value.

I am told this is a known bug and that there is no scheduled date for a fix. Ugh.

Thanks Ken! I noticed one had changed in the AR section, but at least I had already billed it.

But when you go to record the payment, it won't match. This is worse when using fee collect because it is difficult to know if the correct fee is being passed along to fee collect. The response I got is that hardly anybody uses this function so the fix is low priority. Well it's high priority to me!

You can change the billed amount in AR.

Of course there are plenty of choices for workarounds. That's not the point! It is already 2/16 and we still don't have what I would call a functioning and stable program. I am reluctant to switch now, but CCH SFS has some serious work to do to retain their client base, IMHO.

If you use the charge per form functionality, beware!

If you use the Billing Manager to change the charge on a particular form within a return, once you leave the return and re-enter, the changes are not saved and the form charges are "restored" to their original value.

I am told this is a known bug and that there is no scheduled date for a fix. Ugh.

Scary. It makes me wonder what else is not "saving" correctly. To sum this year with ATX - pathetic.