ATX Community

client letters

grandmabee

has anyone had luck with making the client letter for the state combined letter show that it will be efiled instead of mailed.

I do combined letter and am ok with the wording for federal but the state show all the instructions for a mailed state not efiled state and I can't find where to delete and edit. Looked in manual and getting more confused with it. I guess I will be looking a video's tonight instead of taxes.

The work around posted earlier that works for me is to un-select combined federal and state letters in the federal letter options menu, go to the state letter and select the option you wish, usually "will be e-filed" and then go back to the federal letter and select combined letter and it shows what you selected for the state.

Seems like the only way to select options in the state letter.

A pain but your letter is correct.

• Like 1

In this specific case, the client has a fed refund, but owes CA and opted for a paper check by mail. I cant get the state options to stick. Every time the fed and state letters are combined the instructions for state are for a paper filing. I dont have problems when both fed and state have refunds.