ATX Community

Refund from ATX

grandj48

Joelgilb, to answer your question, yes, I think CCH would walk away from $50 million in sales if those sales are going to DROP dramatically after tax season because of a bad product. CCH may want to cut loose any ties with ATX, and just get out of the whole business since they have repeatedly failed their customers over the years (especially this year). They may decide, "forget the little guy, all the little guy wants to do is complain and ask for refunds, let's stick with the big guys since they are spending more money, and we, CCH, want to invest more in helping the big guys because they generate more revenue than the little guys."

Its like if you bought a house before the Great Recession at $300 K and the value drops to $100 K after the Great Recession, would you want to continue owning the house or claim foreclosure and buy some other company to screw up.

See my point?

I have efiled 412 returns so far. I have another 60 in my office waiting for this or that, and the new update Monday hoping to recover lost assets..some are too many assets to reenter again with the stability problem I am experiencing. It will be easier to delete the return, roll it over again to save the stress and aggravation of re entering the assets. I still have all my corporations and partnerships to do, but am waiting until after Monday. I have blocked off my schedule for the week to accommodate for getting them out. My revenues are down, confidence is down. Yesterday I entered a K1 from one of the corps I filed and the Shareholder withdrawal from an scorp went into Tax Exempt interest. WOAH.. So ready for a change, just have not found that one program that wows me the way ATX always has. :( Very disappointed in Maine

More importantly it is time to find a good attorney. We are on the hook for mistakes made to returns because of ATX software errors. That means fines, penalties and refunded prep fees- they all go to damages. It is not longer about the refund, it is now about software liability and California awards triple damages.

As I keep saying, if CCH is smart, they will drop ATX like a hot potato and run - not walk - run to the nearest exit. Sage just sold SalesLogix because it is a piece of s**t. CCH messed up ATX and they are not going to invest more money unless they lay off a significant number of sales and customer service people, and hire good programmers and quality control folks. The watch word for ATX is retention, retention and retention - if they can't hold the line after tax season, and early renewal discounts are down significantly, I guarantee CCH is going to cut bait and run. Let's hope they sell it to someone who actually gives a damn about the little guy.