ATX Community

ONE DESK TAX SOFTWARE

GeorgeM

HAS ANYONE TRIED OR IS USING ONE DESK?

I HAVE TRIED TO USE IT ON A RETURN, AND FIND IT VERY CUMBERSOME TO USE. OF ALL THE TAX PROGRAMS I HAVE EITHER USED OR TRIED, IT IS THE FIRST ONE THAT WHEN YOU ENTER AN AMOUNT OR AMOUNTS IN A FORM YOU HAVE TO SAVE IT.

WHEN YOU DO ENTER AN ASSET IT IS EASY, BUT IT DOES NOT SHOW YOU THE DEPRECIATION RIGHT THERE, YOU HAVE TO GO TO ANOTHER SCREEN TO MAKE SURE IT IS CORRECT,

THE PROGRAM IS BASED ON GOING FROM ONE SCREEN, SAVING THE ENTRIES, THEN GOING TO A DIFFERENT SCREEN TO VIEW THEM. NOT LIKE PEEK ON SOME PROGRAMS.

I TRIED A RETURN WITH A SCHEDULE C AND FORM 8829, I THOUGHT I ENTERED EVERYTHING CORRECTLY, AND SAVED IT BUT THE 8829 DID NOT FLOW THROUGH TO THE SCH C AND I CANNOT FIND OUT WHY.

AND WHEN THEY SAID THE CONVERSION WILL NOT CONVERT THE APPRECIABLE ASSETS, IT LEFT ME DUMBFOUNDED, I WANTED TO USE IT ON A RETURN THAT I HAVE ABOUT 25 ASSETS.

I GUESS I WILL STICK WITH ATX FOR NOW, I HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK THIS TAX SEASON WITH VERY FEW INCIDENTS.

It sounds very basic. I remember ATX was originally just filling in the forms. Each form would add the numbers but there was no carry forward from one form to another. I don't know if any of these basic startups can compete now that we're used to having more advanced software. If they can stay afloat long enough, they'll probably improve on it year by year. Then when they build up their client base, they'll sell to a bigger company, make a killing and retire to the Bahamas.

HAS ANYONE TRIED OR IS USING ONE DESK?

I HAVE TRIED TO USE IT ON A RETURN, AND FIND IT VERY CUMBERSOME TO USE. OF ALL THE TAX PROGRAMS I HAVE EITHER USED OR TRIED, IT IS THE FIRST ONE THAT WHEN YOU ENTER AN AMOUNT OR AMOUNTS IN A FORM YOU HAVE TO SAVE IT.

WHEN YOU DO ENTER AN ASSET IT IS EASY, BUT IT DOES NOT SHOW YOU THE DEPRECIATION RIGHT THERE, YOU HAVE TO GO TO ANOTHER SCREEN TO MAKE SURE IT IS CORRECT,

THE PROGRAM IS BASED ON GOING FROM ONE SCREEN, SAVING THE ENTRIES, THEN GOING TO A DIFFERENT SCREEN TO VIEW THEM. NOT LIKE PEEK ON SOME PROGRAMS.

I TRIED A RETURN WITH A SCHEDULE C AND FORM 8829, I THOUGHT I ENTERED EVERYTHING CORRECTLY, AND SAVED IT BUT THE 8829 DID NOT FLOW THROUGH TO THE SCH C AND I CANNOT FIND OUT WHY.

AND WHEN THEY SAID THE CONVERSION WILL NOT CONVERT THE APPRECIABLE ASSETS, IT LEFT ME DUMBFOUNDED, I WANTED TO USE IT ON A RETURN THAT I HAVE ABOUT 25 ASSETS.

I GUESS I WILL STICK WITH ATX FOR NOW, I HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK THIS TAX SEASON WITH VERY FEW INCIDENTS.

I'm using it a took a couple of return to get used to it. As far a peek goes.. look at right bottom side of the screen, all the forms in the return are listed there, just click on the one you want to view. I like this better then peek becuse I can look at any form in the return from the current screen.

As far as saving, yes I didn't like it at first but now I save without even thinking.

25 Assets... well that information most likely will not transfer from one program to another unless they are basically the same ATX/TRX/TAXWORKS.

I had a Sch. E rental property with about 6 assets. I loaded my 2012 TRX to get the current year dep. amount and it was WRONG for some reason it didn't calculate the current year dep. for two of the assets. Glad I caught it and I'm glad I'm not using TRX any more.