ATX Community

Vehicle informatin must.....

Lucho

How are you entering the information for the car/truck expense with this new program? Jumping from line 9 Sch. C takes me to the two options Fixed asset and Profit/ Loss from business.

If I use line 9 worksheet I can not get anywhere because my client claims the actual expenses and this line is only for claiming the standard mileages expense.

If I open the fixed Asset I dont' find anywhre where I can enter the vehicle expense info.

I know that there is a new way to do but I still not able to find it.

any help will be appreciated.

thank, Lucho

It is very counter intuitive. Here is what you do...bunny hop (the new green arrow) from Sch. C line 9. It will give you a choice of Fixed Assets or the Sch. C Tab. Choose fixed assets. It will take you to a blank asset. Here is where it gets tricky. If you click on "Auto/Listed" you see nothing. You have to fill in the information about the vehicle and pick both the category and sub category and link it to the Sch. C. All the sudden, your "Auto/Listed" tab will be there with all the questions and calculations.

New enhancement.

Tom

Hollister, CA

It is very counter intuitive. Here is what you do...bunny hop (the new green arrow) from Sch. C line 9. It will give you a choice of Fixed Assets or the Sch. C Tab. Choose fixed assets. It will take you to a blank asset. Here is where it gets tricky. If you click on "Auto/Listed" you see nothing. You have to fill in the information about the vehicle and pick both the category and sub category and link it to the Sch. C. All the sudden, your "Auto/Listed" tab will be there with all the questions and calculations.

New enhancement.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Thank you Tom.

I will follow your instructions

Lucho