ATX Community

Education Credits Refund Holdup

neilbrink

Does anyone know if the IRS is holding up refunds because of the Education Credits? I had a client that called me about her delayed refund from her return which included the American Opportunities Credit. I know we had to input a lot more information this year, and I was wondering if the IRS was doing some additional checking and verifying.

Does anyone know if the IRS is holding up refunds because of the Education Credits? I had a client that called me about her delayed refund from her return which included the American Opportunities Credit. I know we had to input a lot more information this year, and I was wondering if the IRS was doing some additional checking and verifying.

http://www.irs.gov/Refunds/Where's-My-Refund-It's-Quick,-Easy,-and-Secure.

No pattern to the delayed refunds. I have clients that received their refund in 7 days. Some in 10 days. Another in 25 days. Some 28 days and counting. No pattern at all.

Hey Jack with all the problems you had been having is the update working for you the way it is supposed to work.

95% yes on my home standalone machine. Program opens, returns open, returns roll-over and e-files create faster. Print Manager only prints what I tell it now. Still loses the checkmarks in e-file manager where I select files, if I close the program.

90% yes on the network at the firm. I was even able to use the program on an XP machine.