ATX Community

forum

grandmabee

I really used to like those Radius Pivot monitors we used in the trade shows. They were heavy as all get out, but when you wanted to switch to full form view and still be able to read it, they were really nice. Then we learned you could use the radius driver with a regular 17" monitor and just turn the monitor on it's side and get the same effect. Here you go again, making me think about the old days... Those were good times back then.

OK, that was fun. Now, to actually answer your question, Colleen, you click on My Controls at the top of the page when you first log in. There look at the left hand side of the page, and find Options, Board Settings. There you can choose how you want to see the board. Also, under Display Modes, you have three choices:

Outline - shows you one post with a list of the remaining posts at the below it, in tree format.

Standard - this display mode shows the topic in the standard layout of one post above another, in the order selected by the administrator.

Linear+ - is similar to standard with the added benefit of having the first post of the topic always shown at the top, no matter what page of the topic you are on.

Most of us choose Standard, I think, but some like Outline better, etc.

And remember, when you open a thread that you have already been reading, if you click not on the name of the thread, but on the little orange box just before the name, it takes you down to the first unread [by you] post in the thread. So while you can not get 'last reply listed first', you really can get something better, the unread posts only, in the order they were made.