ATX Community

LOOKING for PHOENIX AZ PREPARER for Someone who is DEAF

1040PRO

I did a return today and both TP were Deaf. took a while to get it done but i happily did it. Took alot of written notes, but i just dont feel they got the point on a few issues they had.

I told them i would look into the Tax community to see if i could find someone who did taxes and could sign.

They where very happy with what i did and i told them i am more then happy to continue helping them in the future. But i just feel that there were things that got lost in the translation. Both ways. And i would rather loose a tax client knowing that they get what they need.

Cliff B

623-932-1971

You could contact your local school for the deaf for the services of a ign language interpreter. If the client had asked for that you would have to comply with that request. The cost of the interpreter may not be passed on to the client.

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner LA

Lynn, I am curious about this statement. What disabilities does this apply to? Is this a federal mandate, state, or local? What if there is no local school for the deaf? I think if pushed I could possibly find an interpreter, but it would take some time in the rural area I live in.