ATX Community

CCH is great

taxbuster

I have to transmit some returns and customer support is telling me my efin is not in the system. I have transmit returns using Atx for past 3 years with the efin they do not have. Here what even better its takes 72 hrs to add your efin. a 6 digit #. And the long wait for technical support is awesome. I did 3 returns and make coffee for my clients.

TaxB -- I had the same problem back the first of the month.

You need to fax a copy of your Acceptance Letter to ATX

I faxed it to: 1-800-285-5076

I had a PID # and an Incident # to reference to. I got a copy of my E-FIN status from E-Services. If you call E-Services the recorded message says you can use a copy of last year's letter but the IRS is not sending the approval letters any longer.

ATX Website says this:

Server error" when trying to transmit

01/18/08

If you receive this error when trying to transmit efiles, it is caused by your EFIN not being on file in the ATX database. In years past, this was not a requirement, but our system this year does require that we enter your EFIN in our systems. Any EFINs that you will be transmitting must be entered. You can fax this information (EFIN, Client ID, company name) to 1-800-834-4859.

I have to transmit some returns and customer support is telling me my efin is not in the system. I have transmit returns using Atx for past 3 years with the efin they do not have. Here what even better its takes 72 hrs to add your efin. a 6 digit #. And the long wait for technical support is awesome. I did 3 returns and make coffee for my clients.

Ode to CCH

There once was a preparer in Nantucket

Who finally said gosh just F**K it

I wait forever

And an answer I never

Receive from support just S**KS it.

(Hope no one is offended by language used in the above limerick)

Booger

Ode to CCH

There once was a preparer in Nantucket

Who finally said gosh just F**K it

I wait forever

And an answer I never

Receive from support just S**KS it.

(Hope no one is offended by language used in the above limerick)

Booger

PS Any resemblence to REAL POETRY is purely coincidental.

FWIW - I did get through, faxed the information (to another number) and actually got an efile to go through without that error...now lets see if it comes flying back now.

Someone at ATX/CCH must have really messed things up. The procedure I had to use to get my e-files to go through was simply create, and transmit. You SHOULD not have to submit your EFIN number every year.

More "enhancements" for this tax season I see.

Rant over now.