ATX Community

ASSETS ON 4562

grandmabee

Okay, so the new assets are being depreciated correctly on 4562 but the pror years' assets that are still being depreciated are not coming onto the 4562.

This late in the game could you print out the depreciation schedule so that you know what it needs to be and then use the "discard fixed assets for direct input" on the 4562. Just enter the numbers where they need to go, make sure it is okay on Sch F and run with that?

Then maybe after 4/15/13, you can go back, with a clear head that isn't tired, maybe get through to support, and fix it?

Just a thought . . . .

I've posted my problem. It happens when I go into the print menu. When I leave the print menu, the 4562 info is gone including the 4562 statements. The fixed assets are still there under the FA tab. I close the return and re-open and everything is back. Very annoying.

grandmabee, that happened to me too one time. I duplicated the return so I could play around with it without losing everything. I discarded the 4562 bu lost the FA. when I added back the 4562, the FA with the assets came back (luckily). This return had several activities with depreciation. In FA, I reassigned each asset to another activity (not before used), then reassigned each asset back to it's correct activity. This worked but took some time. So far, this has only happened once. Closing and reopening the return has worked on all the other times.