ATX Community

Form 2555

MAMalody

I can't seem to get the Form 2555 to pick up the income for line 19. Any hints. I tried using the tabs at the bottom to no avail (I am assuming I used them correctly). I can override the field, but, i don't like to do that. Oh yes, this is on ATX software, of course.

Mike

I can't seem to get the Form 2555 to pick up the income for line 19. Any hints. I tried using the tabs at the bottom to no avail (I am assuming I used them correctly). I can override the field, but, i don't like to do that. Oh yes, this is on ATX software, of course.

Mike

Mike,

On the W-2 be sure to indicate that it is to go to the 2555. Near the to of the W-2

entry screen there is place that says "Special Type" Just Select "To Form 2555"

Hope that helps.

Thanks

jake

Mike

On the W-2 form input page at the top there is a drop down list called "Special Type (Wages)". Click on that and you can then find the "To Form 2555" that Jake told us about.

Mike,

On the W-2 be sure to indicate that it is to go to the 2555. Near the to of the W-2

entry screen there is place that says "Special Type" Just Select "To Form 2555"

Hope that helps.

Thanks

jake

Ahh. I looked at the W-2 but missed that. Thanks. (And to think they say these boards aren't necessary)

Mike

On the W-2 form input page at the top there is a drop down list called "Special Type (Wages)". Click on that and you can then find the "To Form 2555" that Jake told us about.
I tried this on a return I have. It didn't work. I originally used 2555-EZ and had to override the wages on Line 18.