ATX Community

ATX vs IRS mishandling of E-files the last week of filing season

Johnofansley

So ATX wants to blame IRS.... Seems like Pro Systems didn't have any problems.....It's not IRS...IT"S ATX!

But what else is new this season with ATX? Under disregard for their long-time clients. And I would smile for six months to hear they had gone out of business.

You say that even though IRS has admits and other folks using different software say they are having the same issues?

So ATX wants to blame IRS.... Seems like Pro Systems didn't have any problems.....It's not IRS...IT"S ATX!

But what else is new this season with ATX? Under disregard for their long-time clients. And I would smile for six months to hear they had gone out of business.

I wouldn't

I agree with Bob. In our situation, "fixing" the software will reduce the future damage from a very bad year. 8 preparers that have only used ATX for 5+ years and almost 3,000 clients to convert and every detail will have to be scrutinized in 2013. These are very time consuming issues even if the new software is light speed.

efx-news.jpg

IRS Delay in Federal and State Return and Extension Transmissions and Acknowledgements

Dear ProSystem fx Customer:

The IRS issued a Quick Alert late on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 providing an update on the status of acknowledgements for Federal and State submissions.

Due to the significant increase in federal and state submissions transmitted on April 15, 2013, the length of time to create federal acknowledgments and make them available for retrieval is taking longer than expected. The IRS is closely monitoring the acknowledgment rates and is working to close the gap as a top priority.

The majority of state returns are linked to the acceptance of the federal return, so the length of time it takes to make the state return available for state retrieval has also increased.

This is an IRS delay and impacts all software vendors.

In the interim, please do not attempt to retransmit any returns or extensions at this time that have not been accepted or rejected.

Find answers to your CCH questions in our Knowledge Base at http://support.cch.com/answers/.

Sincerely,

CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer

You are subscribed as [email protected]. Update my subscription | Unsubscribe

If this email was forwarded to you, and you would like to subscribe to e-fxNews announcements, subscribe here.

© CCH. All Rights Reserved.

Finally got the last 4 of my extensions (including my own) acknowledged this morning (Thursday 4/18/13). All of them were submitted before 5:00 PDT 4/15/13. All of them sat in the queue with a transmit to agency date of 4/16/13. All were accepted with a status date of 4/15/13. So all appears to be well.