ATX Community

Unable to download version 12.13

cred65

After struggling through the tax season using version 12.8 on a standalone XP with 2G of RAM at my office, I have finally secured the g0n@ds to upgrade to version 12.13 (I have a laptop at home running Windows 7 with 4G of RAM that is updated to 12.13. This has served to supplement problem returns prepared at the office and that have been exported to a flash drive. So I am not totally insane).

However, when I attempt to download 12.13 at the office from the ATX website, after seven minutes the download box informs me that I cannot connect. I have installed on my computer AVG antivirus and the Windows firewall. So my question would be should I disable the antivirus and firewall temporarily to attempt to download this version. Or does anyone have any better solutions ?

TIA

Are you saving the update to your desktop and then installing it from there?

You have to have the ATX program closed; save the download to the desktop and install, reboot and then open the program. I have not tried 12.13 on XP though. I have ATX installed on XP, but am only using Win 7 desktop and laptop for tax prep, so have enough to do to keep those two updated. Good Luck.

We have 12.13 on all workstations. Six are XP with 2 or 4 (though XP only sees 3) GB and two Windows 7 machines with 8 GB.

Actually the XP machines seem to be a bit snappier.

I'm surprised you didn't try 12.13 sooner. It was much faster than any of the previous versions. (Well documented in posts on ATX site - albeit for most people, not all.)

And if you cannot download, contact them and they will give you either a ftp link or an alternate way of downloading - I saw reference to that a couple times while browsing the groups.

I have closed the program, but cannot get to the part where the program asks if I want to save to desktop.

Go to myatx.com and login with your user name and password. Go to downloads. Find the ATX 2012 download 12.13 click on it and save it to your desktop. After it has saved (which should not take more than a couple minutes with a high speed connection) go to your desktop and find that file, double click on it and follow the prompts.