ATX Community

Louisiana Extensions - May 15th - problem with ATX

Cathy

Just got off the phone with ATX customer service. For some reason, ATX did not recognize that Louisiana has until 5-15-13 to file for extensions and had shut down the extensions for the Federal returns in addition to all states. I was not able to create a Louisiana extension as it gave me several different errors as to why I couldn't do it (none of the errors made any sense).

The lady I spoke with was going to have the programmers "turn on" the ability to file Louisiana extensions, however, when I was on hold with her, I went ahead and filed mine (which included a payment) at the DOR's web site. It was very easy to do (which surprised me, of course)! I told her to not worry about my client's extension as I would do the same with his. If any of you need the web site address, click on the link below. You can also call customer service and get them to fix Louisiana's program....I didn't want to take the chance that it would be done properly and in a timely manner...like right that very second!

https://esweb.revenue.louisiana.gov/OnlineTaxExtensions/

Take care,

Cathy

ATX is not approved by LDR to efile LA state corporate (or other entity) tax returns. Taxwise is; ATX is not, despite my years of begging them for this. So the federal entity returns are Efiled, LA entity returns are paper filed. for a couple of years LA mandates efiling of all extensions, individual and entity.