ATX Community

Windows 7 Contrast

GeneInAlabama

Guest Taxed

Terry you are too late to post. Where were you locked up?

Gene already got his answer long time back

If you post like this again, insulting a member for simply responding, [yes, " Where were you locked up?" is clearly an insult] you will be banned. That is a promise.

KC

So I guess KC you are ok. with one member to attack me unprovoked and i can't respond. This Terry D guy was nowhere around in those threads then all of a sudden yesterday after Bulldog's rant, i started getting attacked by Terry D. Go and look at his posts from yesterday and then decide who started it??

KC if you want to be a moderator do it fairly, BUT NOT based on your political beliefs. You previosly sent me a warning and that was clearly political.

Sure you can respond. Just do it in a civil manner and I will not touch it, even if I don't agree with it. I think you must have noticed that many of your posts I do not respond to negatively, and some I've even checked the 'Like" button. Just calm down, and don't accuse others 'in advance' of flaming, like you did in your newest thread please. I don't want to fight with you.

Guest Taxed

Sure you can respond. Just do it in a civil manner and I will not touch it, even if I don't agree with it. I think you must have noticed that many of your posts I do not respond to negatively, and some I've even checked the 'Like" button. Just calm down, and don't accuse others 'in advance' of flaming, like you did in your newest thread please. I don't want to fight with you.

I don't want to fight with anybody. I am at a loss to understand what provoked this Terry D to start commenting on old posts, which he did not comment before and then attacking me personally for responding to those posts? I did not use any profanity in any of my responses.

Now when i post a new thread if it touches any political issue I just put NT so that folks who may oppose those viewpoints don't start flaming and it is a fair warning to others who may want to stay away from it.

If you are ok with this I am ok.

Terry was commenting on what he saw as inconsistencies in some of your posts. I have not bothered to look back to see if he was right, that was not MY point. I was responding to the insult you felt the need to fire at him. And the idea that he was "too late to post" is also something that we don't do here, but I understood that you are too new to the board to know that. Fact is, sometimes someone comes across an old thread that they feel a need to respond to, and that is OK here. Sometimes they just are bothered by something that they see as an inconsistency, and that is OK too. You don't have to agree, but in this case the best thing would have been to just ignore it. If not that, then you might have asked him for specifics. What you should not do is just order the poster to shut up, and especially not to then add an insult as well.

Terry does not post often, and sometimes he is 'behind the curve" a bit when he comes here and tries to catch up. But that is OK, he's a good guy just the same. Please, try to be a little more tolerant and less sensitive. Sometimes it's hard to judge 'tone' when reading posts.

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

Come on KC you have been a moderator for a while and you can judge the tone when someone starts a post with words like "Damn, now you are a computer expert too!!" and also read his June 3rd post in the TRX Gone thread "my crystal ball bulb is dim" as an example.

I welcome a debate on the factual points as you can tell by now. My issue was that you singled me out and edited my comment with your stern warning in BOLD when I responded and I did NOT use any profanity. You could have sent a PM to me if you had any issues with my comment.

You don't have to make any apologies for Terry's comments. I can handle him.

Let's move on from this!

Thanks KC for your kind comments. You are correct I don't get here much and I do try to catch up on some of the issues with taxation that apply to the areas I deal with. I will admit to responding in an unfriendly manner at times and I have admitted this to Taxed in another post. I don't like having to weed through numerous responses that I personally feel are off point to get to see a good answer. That is my personal hangup and I cannot speak for how others feel regarding this situation. Your advice to ignore some comments is something all of us should practice.

Thanks,

• Like 2

Terry, thanks for saying all of that. It's pretty easy to not be as polite on an internet forum as we would be in person given the anonymity that the internet allows, and I think each of us should keep that in mind when responding to the posts. I truly believe that we have a great group of people here that are all very kind and generous individuals; we just don't agree on some things. I try to act the same on the internet as I would if I ran into a person at a professional or social gathering. If I don't like something that's being said, I will find a way to offer my view without being offensive, or if I can't seem to get to that point I simply move on and try to ignor the person that I find so offensive.

One of this forum's features allows us to ignor any member of our choosing by globally hiding his or her postings. You won't even see their posts unless someone quotes them. I had someone blocked for a short time, but then I found myself reading their posts anyway when someone would respond to their comments. After that short period of time I felt kind of silly having them hidden.

The board is really slow right now and many of the users have disappeared for the remainder of the year, so it does seem that more posts are being made by those few of us that are still here. I'm one that usually disappears during the summer, but I'm making more of an effort to stick around for several reasons. I want to have more contact with my peers (I'm a solo), I need to stay more on top of the upcoming changes, I'm very interested in what's going to happen with ATX, and I'll try to help with those that have questions about Drake without sounding like a cheerleader.

Guest Taxed

Thank you jklcpa for your wise words. You are absolutely correct, as individuals we will never agree on each issue but we have to agree to disagree in a civil manner.

Terry on that note i think it is time for us to bury the hatchet and move on and i will extend this offer to Bulldog Tom as well. I know in his last e-mail he retired himself, but that was not necessary in my opinion.

Let's just move on....

Have a great weekend.

I second all that has been said in the last few posts. Reminds me of a situation I experienced on another forum. I rarely take offense on an emotional level, even when someone gets insulting. Generally insults and personal attacks are just water off a duck's back to me. But for some reason that I still don't fully understand, a person on the TMI forum really got under my skin a couple of years back. And I was clearly pushing that person's buttons as well. After a few grenades back & forth (plus a warning from the moderator), I simply hid that person's posts for a few weeks (as Judy suggested). That removed the temptation to take pot shots at him and freed us both up to focus on what's important. - TAXES. Eventually when seeing people reply to him on legitimate tax issues, my curiosity got the best of me and I removed the "hide". Haven't crossed swords with him since then, and if we found ourselves on opposite sides of something I believe now I'd just move on. Burying the hatchet is always wise, just as long as the place we bury it isn't in the other party's head.

• Like 5