ATX Community

ATX President - Jason Marx Email

Yardley CPA

Has anyone else received this email that flowed into my inbox yesterday?

jason-marx-ice.jpgTo all of our valued ATX Customers:

For many of you, ATX software did not perform the way you expected during the recent tax season. We regret that the issues you encountered created problems for some of you and tremendous difficulties for others. This is unacceptable to you and it is equally unacceptable to us.

You have told us about the issues you had this tax season with our software and our support. We've listened, and we've learned. Your comments are our roadmap to delivering ATX software you can rely on for the 2013 tax season. Our commitment is to improve, and we have already taken steps to deliver improved software and support performance next tax season.

Before tax season ended, we began a deep analysis and examination of every aspect of our development and support processes to make sure we do everything we can to deliver tax software that provides the performance and stability you can rely on. That is, and will remain, our singular focus.

Our commitment to you starts long before you download our software or receive a program disc, and our commitment to you doesn't end when you complete software installation. Our commitment to you extends to every call you place to Customer Support, every training class you take, and every conversation you have with your Account Representative. Our goal is to be best-in-class in every phase of our relationship with you, and we're investing the time and resources across our entire business to make that happen.

ATX has been in the market serving your tax compliance needs for over 20 years. Every year, we have focused on ways to improve the software and the service experience, and we will continue to do so. We are in this for the long haul.

We know that you want to hear about what we are doing, and we also know that you need more than words. You need action and proof. We are going to keep you up to date on the improvements that we are making. This is a partnership, and partners talk and listen to each other. So you will continue to hear from us on a regular basis -via e-mail, blog postings and information posted on our website - about the improvements we are making to your 2013 ATX software.

Your trust in us is vital, and we intend to earn it back one improvement at a time.

Respectfully,

Jason_Marx_signature.jpg

Jason Marx
President, CCH Small Firm Services

Guest Taxed

I am sure the beta-testers from this board will hold his feet to the fire and make him deliver a quality product for next season or eat his words.

• Like 1

I received it yesterday. Seemed like he said nothing with a lot of words and catch phrases to me. I hope that they do get ATX working properly next year, but with the way the fixes for 2012 are working, I can;t say that I have any confidence at all that it will be appropriate for my office since we are networked. i hope at least some of the beta testers are running a domain network environment.

Drake just sent me an offer to a workshop in Wilmington, DE.

I think I have to go...

I would like if Mr. Marx's letter had said:

THe DB we switched to is not compatible with the majority of our clients needs, and we will be replacing the DB, therefore, returning the functionality that we enjoyed for many years.

THe stand-alone clients of ATX are going to be ok. Not a capital letter OK, just ok. But the network folks are out of luck.

Rich

Drake just sent me an offer to a workshop in Wilmington, DE.

I think I have to go...

I would like if Mr. Marx's letter had said:

THe DB we switched to is not compatible with the majority of our clients needs, and we will be replacing the DB, therefore, returning the functionality that we enjoyed for many years.

THe stand-alone clients of ATX are going to be ok. Not a capital letter OK, just ok. But the network folks are out of luck.

Rich

These are the reasons we are changing software in addition to doing the beta testing. The beta testing is in the faint hope that things will be fixed.

They are still using the Raven database, but in the network scenario, how the program accesses the database is being completely reworked. He explained to me how the changes will work, and they are on the right track. "All design resources are dedicated to making the changes." I suggested to him that they need to incorporate tax professionals with computer knowledge as part of the development team. This is something they are severely lacking.

Skeptically hopefull, but still changing software. The 12.16 update sealed the deal on changing software for 2013. As I posted before, I will keep everyone on this board informed as I go along.

• Like 1

I am sure the beta-testers from this board will hold his feet to the fire and make him deliver a quality product for next season or eat his words.

You can take THAT statement to the bank!! They may fire me soon after the beta testing starts, but I will not pull any punches and intend to give the software a workout in our scenario here at the firm.

Again, I will keep everyone here informed.

• Like 2

Guest Taxed

So Jack would you then agree that the move by ATX to embed the Raven DB within the code was a wrong move, and the primary cause of all the network issues. Should they have used the time tested method of having the user log on to the database in the typical fashion?

So Jack would you then agree that the move by ATX to embed the Raven DB within the code was a wrong move, and the primary cause of all the network issues. Should they have used the time tested method of having the user log on to the database in the typical fashion?

I agree with the head of development that the METHOD of workstations accessing the database in a network was the fatal flaw. New for 2013, software will be installed ON the server and then software will be INSTALLED on each workstation separately (not a netsetup like in the past). A TRUE network scenario. My research about Raven DB has shown that, if properly configured for a network, can be successfully used on a network.

Film at 11:00.

• Like 1

I agree with the head of development that the METHOD of workstations accessing the database in a network was the fatal flaw. New for 2013, software will be installed ON the server and then software will be INSTALLED on each workstation separately (not a netsetup like in the past). A TRUE network scenario. My research about Raven DB has shown that, if properly configured for a network, can be successfully used on a network.

Film at 11:00.

I can't wait that long...