ATX Community

ATX Class action lawsuit has been started

michaelmars

The class action seeks to recover damages incurred by all individuals and businesses that purchased the ATX 2012 software to prepare individual and business tax returns for the 2012 tax year.

Just like any other typical class action lawsuit the attorney's will get paid big time and the users will get a discount coupon to buy the ATX 2013.

• Like 1

I can't believe THAT!! We'll get something really, *really* good this time -- like a $25 gift certificate to Staples or Office Max. Possibly an extension of the *amazing* 10% discount they give for early renewals. No, really, it'll be great. And it should take no time at all to figure out our actual losses for the 2012 season, right?

And the attorneys will make out like bandits.

:wall:

• Like 2

A relative just got a notice of a class action settlement for some stock he owned. Seems as if the corp was misrepresenting its financials. After the lawyers are paid, the settlement will be 5 to 13 CENTS per share. If he owned a million shares I'd consider filing. With less than 100, not worth the time. I do remember some time ago when HRB and some class action lawyers reached a settlement but the judge actually threw it out, stating it did not help the affected parties enough and that the company and attorneys were too cozy with one another instead of acting like adversaries. That's the only time I remember reading of such a thing. Everyone who had trouble with ATX last year deserves real compensation, starting with the full cost of the software and going up from that point for lost business etc. Don't join the class action but sue on your own?

>>> Don't join the class action but sue on your own?

Did you ever read a software license? Read the ATX 2012 software license and you will see that they have basically excluded themselves from any liability for your losses for a software that may be buggy. At best you can hope to get a refund of your license fee if you prevail.