ATX Community

ProSeries

ADGFINANCIAL

Well I finally ran into my first problem with ProSeries. I've done about 45 returns so far and it's a great program, easy to learn. But it finally happen. Doing a New York return and no IT-204-IP. 95% of the time the K-1 will not change from the Federal to the State but this time is does and no form to make the changes on. Called ProSeries and they checked and were surprise that the form wasn't there. Said they would work on it. Nice to work with knowable people, better customer service than ATX. They had an answer for a work around and said put it on line 31 as a subtraction. Seems to work. Thought I would let those making the change to keep their eyes open.

August @ ADG Financial

Proseries also has it's hiccups, the firm I worked for encounter a problem with a multistate return last month, tech support suggested to prepare it by hand, I let them borrow my ATX program and it was worst. At the end they had to buy either TaxAct or TaxWorks and that solved the problem. The problem had to do with shareholder info not flowing the to states.