ATX Community

Beta Test Final Report

Jack from Ohio

After much research, testing and observation, here is what I have to share. The NDA that I signed with CCH prevents me from saying much of what I would like to say, so here is the scoop…

The firm I work for and myself at my private practice are staying with ATX for 2013. This was decided after dozens of hours of trial, much research, scenario contemplation and consideration of options.

I have observed that many of the problems that existed for 2012 should not be issues in 2013. The development team has been working very hard to bring a workable product to the table for 2013.

• Like 3

Thanks Jack. I won't be using ATX for 2013 return, but I'm sticking around to see how things go for those of you who elect to continue with them. Looks like 2014 is going to be the shakedown cruise for the new and improved ATX.

I'm tentatively keeping ATX on my short list of backup programs. One never knows - if I'm still in this business after next year, I might decide to give ATX another try in 2015.

• Like 1

I hope all the beta testers get a discount (on top of the usual CCH discounts) for their time and effort.

You must be kidding!!!!!!!

"As a way of saying thank you for your time and honest feedback, you will receive a one-year license for one of four CCH Small Firm Services products at no charge upon completion of your assigned ATX 2013 Preview tasks."

>>> One never knows - if I'm still in this business after next year, I might decide to give ATX another try in 2015.

But then you will have to do another conversion from Drake to ATX??

I want to settle down on one software (Drake) and avoid all this conversion business.

I am trying to remember all the software that I have used and feeling dizzy. I am too old of this game.

You must be kidding!!!!!!!

"As a way of saying thank you for your time and honest feedback, you will receive a one-year license for one of four CCH Small Firm Services products at no charge upon completion of your assigned ATX 2013 Preview tasks."

That is even better. You get a free one year use. Had I known that I would have volunteered :scratch_head:

Not of the tax software, but the options are things like the Fixed Asset Manager and other add-ons. Approx value $100-$200.

Well I guess that is better than a thank you and a $5 T-shirt?

>>> One never knows - if I'm still in this business after next year, I might decide to give ATX another try in 2015.

But then you will have to do another conversion from Drake to ATX??

I want to settle down on one software (Drake) and avoid all this conversion business.

I am trying to remember all the software that I have used and feeling dizzy. I am too old of this game.

I'm not opposed to converting back. It all depends on how the software works and what the relative prices are. One never knows what can happen in business, and I still maintain you have to keep your powder dry. Besides, if the new ATX is the whiz bang program some are claiming, and if they can solve their dreadful slowness problem (BIG IF HERE), it might become something I'm interested in for other reasons.

With my small number of clients, I didn't find it very difficult to simply enter everything by hand - didn't even bother to run a conversion program. Plus, the majority of my work was done on extension and that will be even more true in the next couple of years. I'm scaling back, so I expect to have even less clients by the 2014 filing season. This upcoming year is my big push to get at least 20% of them off my client list while increasing fees on the ones who are left. By the end of next year I'll see how that all shakes out.

• Like 1

Jack, I am on the verge of renewing with ATX. We have a domain setup on our network. All Win7 computers. We have nine computers using ATX.

I've been reading prior topics here relating to ATX 2013, the Raven platform, and networks, and am not sure if the network issues have been resolved in the rewrite of the program for this coming year.

Do you have any insight that you can share on the subject of networks?

Jack, I am on the verge of renewing with ATX. We have a domain setup on our network. All Win7 computers. We have nine computers using ATX.

I've been reading prior topics here relating to ATX 2013, the Raven platform, and networks, and am not sure if the network issues have been resolved in the rewrite of the program for this coming year.

Do you have any insight that you can share on the subject of networks?

The NDA will not allow me to speak about my research or my findings. Check your messages.

After much research, testing and observation, here is what I have to share. The NDA that I signed with CCH prevents me from saying much of what I would like to say, so here is the scoop…

The firm I work for and myself at my private practice are staying with ATX for 2013. This was decided after dozens of hours of trial, much research, scenario contemplation and consideration of options.

I have observed that many of the problems that existed for 2012 should not be issues in 2013. The development team has been working very hard to bring a workable product to the table for 2013.