ATX Community

Archive disk

TAXMAN

You will have to go to the ATX website, log in and go to the download screen. Look all the way down to were it says prior years update, and I would choose 2012 program save the download to a disk or thumb drive, then select the 2012 program update and save it to disk or thumb drive, then do the forms update, save to disk or thumb drive. You will have to choose the save as option so that you can select the drive.

It's possible the 2012 program update has all of this info, but if it doesn't at least you will have everything you need to install.

Hope this helps!

Deb

• 3 weeks later...

I was told by ATX that the updates are not cumulative. When downloading 2012 program and latest update, which is 2012.19, that means there are a whole bunch of updates to save in an update folder. An archive disk, as in years past, would eliminate the need to download and save the interim updates. I do not recall ANY notice from ATX during the 2012 season of the elimination of the archive disk.

Does anyone have a sugestion on where to download the earlier 2012 updates?

So glad that I read this post. They have always sent the archive. I never even would have thought about it. I have had to use those archive disks when new computers are purchased.

What is the archive disc? I have never opened it in 6 years. I can speculate what it is but is it any different than backing up your own files?

2011 ATX was the last Archive disk they shipped. I did not get ATX 2012.

We will not be shipping the ATX 2012 Archive CD. We made this decision based on technology advances and customer survey feedback. Prior year downloads will remain available on the Solution Center for several years. Posting all updates on the Solution Center insures that our customers are always up-to-date with the latest versions.

I was told by ATX that the updates are not cumulative. When downloading 2012 program and latest update, which is 2012.19, that means there are a whole bunch of updates to save in an update folder. An archive disk, as in years past, would eliminate the need to download and save the interim updates. I do not recall ANY notice from ATX during the 2012 season of the elimination of the archive disk.

Does anyone have a sugestion on where to download the earlier 2012 updates?

All updates are cumulative. There are a lot of customer support people at ATX STILL putting out WRONG information. There will not be an Archive disk for 2012. The archive disk would cause more problems like we had last year.

The latest install file on the website will have all updates at least up to 12.18. 12.19 only added organizer functionality.