ATX Community

Forum maintenance today

Eric

A few security issues have been patched, but there continues to be compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 11. I have added a couple of dirty hacks that will mostly resolve the problems until 3rd party libraries are updated to fix things properly.

Two of the most commonly reported issues were with Quoting posts and Pasting content into the editor.

If you're using Internet Explorer 11, clear your cache, and refresh the page. You should now be able to at least do those two things without issue. For whatever reason, it took me a couple of tries and a few refreshes.

If you need help clearing your cache, check this link for instructions. It's for IE 9 and 10, but 11 is pretty much the same.

http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Yes, please let me know. If it's still an issue, I'd appreciate a screenshot to show what the editor looks like on the affected machine(s).

A quick note, just in case. You can disable the rich text editor with a light switch button at the top left. Also, with the rich text editor enabled, there's a button on the right (small black arrow) that allows you to minimize the editor buttons.

Yes, please let me know. If it's still an issue, I'd appreciate a screenshot to show what the editor looks like on the affected machine(s).

A quick note, just in case. You can disable the rich text editor with a light switch button at the top left. Also, with the rich text editor enabled, there's a button on the right (small black arrow) that allows you to minimize the editor buttons.

No problems in either area now. Even before I cleared cache. Well done!! Seems that Microsoft is putting out products early again....

Thanks, Eric! Both the quote and paste functions are working for me again.

Excellent, glad to hear it.

No problems in either area now. Even before I cleared cache. Well done!! Seems that Microsoft is putting out products early again....

Thank you. I'm not going to complain--I'm just glad that they're putting real effort into improving standards compliance. If only they'd consider making improvements gradually that are quietly released over time instead of saving them for major version releases that go mostly ignored.

• Like 2