ATX Community

2013 Organizers frustration

maslarcpa

OK, after buying DRAKE and convincing myself I would not come back to ATX, here I am. I renewed at the last minute, because - I'll admit - I am lazy & DRAKE was just too different from what I have been used to with ATX for so many years.

So now I try to begin sending organizers (which has to be done out of the 2012 nightmare software) & I find two major problems:

1) I create a custom Organizer letter (because I don't want all the verbiage about appointments, etc) - and after 2+ hours on the phone with tech support find out there is NO way to actually have the custom letter print with the organizer

2) There is no engagement letter in the organizer & no way to add one

Tech departments response - we are really sorry, but we are not doing any more updates to the 2012 program!

If this is indicative of the 2013 filing year, I will not be a happy person!

OK, after buying DRAKE and convincing myself I would not come back to ATX, here I am. I renewed at the last minute, because - I'll admit - I am lazy & DRAKE was just too different from what I have been used to with ATX for so many years.

So now I try to begin sending organizers (which has to be done out of the 2012 nightmare software) & I find two major problems:

1) I create a custom Organizer letter (because I don't want all the verbiage about appointments, etc) - and after 2+ hours on the phone with tech support find out there is NO way to actually have the custom letter print with the organizer

2) There is no engagement letter in the organizer & no way to add one

Tech departments response - we are really sorry, but we are not doing any more updates to the 2012 program!

If this is indicative of the 2013 filing year, I will not be a happy person!

CCH stopped doing any "fixing" of 2012 in early April in deference to putting all resources into making 2013 a useable product. Send me a message as I have information that can ease your mind about 2013.

I will send you a message as well.

So....

I can print organiziers from ATX2012, but it does not print anything except the organizer pages and cover/Mailing sheet?

I have to create a seperate set of Engagement letters and client letters with appointments?

Ouch.

How long does it take to print an organizier? In years past is took about 1 minute each... I would set ATX to add and print 15 organiziers, and about 15 minutes later they were done. Still about the same?

RIch