ATX Community

Moving files from/to home/office computer

Randall

With Drake, if I want to prepare a return at home, take to office and finish up, how do I do it? With ATX, I used the export/import function. I'm not seeing this in Drake. Import seems to be talking about QB. I do see the Backup and Restore functions. This seemed to work. Is this the normal Drake method for doing this? I have only tried this on 2012, have not installed 2013 yet.

Just to add to what jklcpa posted, you can select just the one or more clients you want to backup and restore on the other computer. You don't need to backup and restore all your clients.

Sometimes after you go through this process, you may not see the newly added client in the CSM. In that case you can also go to Tools -> Repair Indexfiles -> Repair all or repair CSM index.

Sometimes just closing the program after a restore and then starting up reindexes automatically and it is visible in CSM.

Thanks. Yes, taxed, I did not see the restored client, but the prompt said to enter the ssn. I entered the restored client ssn and it suddenly appeared. I'm just a beginner with Drake, very frustrating, still will have ATX for 2013 but will try to learn Drake to give it a fair comparison.

Another question: I see in setup, I can suppress the 1040A and 1040EZ forms and go with 1040 for everyone. I like to do that. I also like to go with Sch C regardless. But Sch C-EZ shows up and I can't find out how to suppress it. Can it be done?