ATX Community

VA Low Income Credit return problem

Gail in Virginia

"I tried to e-file a Virginia tax return, form version 13, this AM that had low income credit. I cannot create an efile, instead I get an error message telling me I need to complete the detail on page 2. The only detail on page of VA 760CG is to X the box beside Federal EIC and put the amount in, and that is there. I went to the ADJ page and made sure the taxpayer and dependent children were all marked as being in the household, and that income figures were correct. I don't understand the problem. I talked with another local preparer who had e-filed one of these yesterday with no trouble using form version 12. Is the update the problem, or am I missing something else? This t/p really needs to get her money. Thanks."

I sent the above message to email support just a few minutes ago, but I thought I would also post here in case someone on this board has a suggestion for me to try. I am going to go ahead and file her federal separately and then do the state as stand-alone when I get this problem corrected, but any help is appreciated.

I am glad that I am not the only one with the problem, I had tried everything possible and still , called ATX, after 1 hr and 13 min someone tells me that they will check, another 20 min waiting, she comes back telling me that I need to send her the return because probably I did something wrong and if she does not see the return she was not ready to help me, I refused to send the return, and requested the supervisor, Cindy?, she comes and tells me that she needs to see the return, bottom line, I was so mad that I told her that the ATX service this year is totally unacceptable to which she replies, we are no longer ATX and I do not know what else , I would like to send a formal complain but do not know to whom, any suggestions.

I rather have customer service from India, even though I was not able to understand them, but al least they were friendly.

Yanka

I was so mad that I told her that the ATX service this year is totally unacceptable to which she replies, we are no longer ATX and I do not know what else , I would like to send a formal complain but do not know to whom, any suggestions.

I rather have customer service from India, even though I was not able to understand them, but al least they were friendly.

Yanka

I like to start at the top in these cases. CEO of CCH. Try googling company for name of President, then google his name. Write to company.

Back to the original topic, after I updated last night I was able to create the e-file for this return. However, I had already e-file the federal and when I went to the e-file tab to send the stand-alone state that I had created, the status said "held" and I was unable to transmit the VA return. I am not in the office this AM, so I don't know if anything has changed.

Back to the original topic, after I updated last night I was able to create the e-file for this return. However, I had already e-file the federal and when I went to the e-file tab to send the stand-alone state that I had created, the status said "held" and I was unable to transmit the VA return. I am not in the office this AM, so I don't know if anything has changed.

So, what happen then? did the problem solve? I ran into the same difficulties, please help. thanks

So, what happen then? did the problem solve? I ran into the same difficulties, please help. thanks

Yes, the problem is solved. I got in this morning, and on the e-file thread someone pointed out that the return was being "held" due to my preferences being marked hold and release. I marked the return, clicked release marked return, the status then showed created and I was able to efile the VA return. It hasn't been accepted yet, but it has been Validated by EFC so I think I have finally weathered this storm, with a little help from all my friends on this board. ;)

It seems you had 2 problems and you have switched between the 2 along the post. (Problem 1, with the low income credit and problem 2, the hold state preference).

Yes, Pacun, I had two problems but I didn't know they were separate problems. I don't normally file the VA return separately, and only did this time because of the problem with the low income credit. Therefore, I am not used to seeing the hold since it automatically clears when the federal is accepted if you file the state piggyback. I did not start a separate thread because I did not realize it was that unrelated. Thank you for your concern.