ATX Community

1065 input questions

Kea

I'm returning to ATX after several years. I started doing one partnership return in the mean time, so this is the 1st time I've prepared one in ATX. I apologize in advance if these questions are too basic.

The partnership is comprised of 2 general partners. It is for a ranch and shows a loss.

Problems:

(1) Form 1065 page 4 Sch K Lines 14a - c are blank.

(2) Form 1065 page 5, (Analysis of Net Income) line 2 a (ii) is not showing the net loss. Line 1 shows the loss, but all Line 2 boxes are blank.

(3) Form 1065 page 5 Sch L Line 11 (land) is blank

Am I missing a checkbox somewhere?

Other comments:

(1) The Line 14a worksheet shows the loss in boxes 3a and 3b. This leaves a $0 for 3c which is why 14 is blank. But the Sch K1 does have the "general partner" box checked. Why is it being allocated to "limited partner"?

(3) I do have the Land basis in the Fixed Assets and it is coded as "Land" - but many of the fields are shown in red. I do have most of the fields filled in. The sub-category is blank because there are no choices for non-depriciable land. I haven't filled the IRC code (because I haven't looked up the code #), but even when I pick a random code, the values remain red.

File was converted from TaxWise to ATX in the 2012 program and then rolled over to 2013.

Thanks for any suggestions.

This is what I would do in this situation. I would prepare a 1065 for testing on the fly and from scratch. You know what you are looking for so, just enter the few numbers that will give you a loss and you should see if the conversion is at fault.

Also, I would make a copy of this return in 2012 and work on it then save it and roll over both returns.

Welcome back. Based on the performance I have seen from ATX2013 so far, I lot of people will return to ATX next year.

• Like 1