ATX Community

REFUND PAYMENT DATE

GeorgeM

From the IRS website....

What to Expect for Refunds in 2014

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated once a day so you don’t need to check more often.

However, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.

• The easiest way to check your refund status is by using our automated tools.
  • Our phone and walk-in representatives can research the status of your refund only if it's been 21 days or more since you filed electronically, more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return or if Where’s my refund? directs you to contact us.

You can use Where’s My Refund? to start checking on the status of your return within 24 hours after we have received your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you mail a paper return. Where’s My Refund? has a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent.

You will get personalized refund information based on the processing of your tax return. The tool will provide an actual refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. Remember, most refunds will be issued in less than 21 days, and our phone and walk-in representatives can research the status of your refund only if it’s been 21 days or more since you filed electronically or more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return.

Additional Information