ATX Community

PA corp return ID # - help..?..

schirallicpa

I have a PA s-corp return, and I haven't done too many of these. This year the efile is failing and wanting the PA revenue #. I have been given an 8 digit number from the client that she uses to log in to the etides system, and it is the same number that I am seeing on their bank stmt descriptions for the debit of sales tax. However, atx ain't liking it. Any ideas?

The 8-digit # that is used to pay sales tax is different than the corp id # (also called "box" number). PA previously used a 7 digit # , but moved to10-digit numbers, looks like ~ 2 years ago. Your client should have been notified. According to the PA website from a Q&A in March, 2012:

Where can I find my Corporate Tax Account ID#?

As the department continues to transition into an integrated tax system, a 10-digit Revenue ID will be assigned and communicated to each taxpayer. A corporation's seven-digit PA Tax Account ID will continue to be accepted by the department on tax forms and schedules, but upon assignment of a 10-digit Revenue ID to a taxpayer, the department will begin using the 10-digit Revenue ID on outbound correspondence in lieu of referencing the seven-digit Tax Account ID. Check correspondence or prior notices from the Bureau of Corporation Taxes. You can also contact the PA Department of Revenue, Bureau of Corporation Taxes, by calling either 717-783-6031 or 717-705-6225, option 4 then option 2,