ATX Community

990 & 990T Extensions for same org

Abby Normal

Yes but how do you efile both? My staff already efiled the 8868 for the 990 and now we can't the 2nd 8868 to efile. I even duplicated the return to create the efile but that was rejected by the EFC as a duplicate. Grrrr. I paper filed extensions last year with Ogden and had to fight them all summer to prove extensions were filed. Rather not do that again.

It comes up when they qualify for the health insurance credit or they have unrelated business income.

I haven't had that. Same EIN. Ugh. Next year file the extension for the 990-T first as that's the one with UBI that you'll want proof you filed on time. Paper file the other? Check with ATX or your software company?

Reminds me of the old days with Block when they told us we could efile only the resident state. Well, my commuters were getting large NY refunds and owed CT anyway. I figured out I could efile NY instead of CT, but could only efile one state still back then.