ATX Community

Form 8863 Education Credits

cientax

I read either this morning or yesterday that the Form 8863 for education credits is now approved for filing. Does anyone have any idea when it will be available from ATX? I updated this morning after reading the informatin but it still isn't available through ATX.

When I e-filed my last 4 returns for today, a message came back from ATX saying that the IRS will begin accepting returns containing the five forms in question, on the evening drain (6 PM local) of Feb 11, 2008.

The software will begin allowing the creation of e-files with these forms the morning of the 11th. We ask that you withhold transmitting affected returns until after the morning drain (11 AM) at your respective service center where your return will be filed. Returns transmitted before the evening drain will be rejected by IRS. Additionally, due to projected volume, IRS is anticipating acks will be delayed by 11 to 12 hours during the first week of AMT-allowed return filing.

Thanks for the information it was really helpful. I tried going to the MyATX site but I keep locking myself out because I keep forgetting my password. I have my client number and account number but the passowrd I used to try to get in must be an old one and I must have changed since then, but I can't find where I wrote it down. Now the log in page tells me to contact the administrator. I clicked on the bar to reset but I still can't get the right password. Would you know how I can change the password if I don't know my prior password?

Thanks for the information it was really helpful. I tried going to the MyATX site but I keep locking myself out because I keep forgetting my password. I have my client number and account number but the passowrd I used to try to get in must be an old one and I must have changed since then, but I can't find where I wrote it down. Now the log in page tells me to contact the administrator. I clicked on the bar to reset but I still can't get the right password. Would you know how I can change the password if I don't know my prior password?

I see that the form 8863 has been updated today (form version 19)....Hopefully this is the update that allows e-filing and printing.

I see that the form 8863 has been updated today (form version 19)....Hopefully this is the update that allows e-filing and printing.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I just created and successfully e-filed one that has been sitting on the shelf. Still waiting for the energy credit. Have several returns that contain both education and energy.

Ok - -I just updated again - -and the residential energy credit is there - - BUT - -I had to close that return , go to another one and the second return's e-file was created - - - went back the to the first one, and I sent them both off - - - -

Now, let's see when they get accepted!!!

WOO HOO!!!

Ok - -I just updated again - -and the residential energy credit is there - - BUT - -I had to close that return , go to another one and the second return's e-file was created - - - went back the to the first one, and I sent them both off - - - -

Now, let's see when they get accepted!!!

WOO HOO!!!

I updated at least six times today. Then, had a rejection on a 4562. What? Had to go all the way out of the Program and come back in to make the update "take" in that return. I am not messing with the Energy or Tuition Credits any more tonight......lots of time til Thursday at 11 AM..and I am VERY tired.