ATX Community

ATX 2014 Backup File Change

Lee B

Posted by ATX this morning:

"We are planning on changing the backup name to be the client name in 2014."

I would really like to see a complete list of the changes ATX is planning !!!

POSSIBLY they will release that information in November. I don't expect it to be any sooner. Spent a whole day in a meeting with them in Chicago. I was not encouraged.

Jack,

I'm curious. Why were you discouraged ?

Thanks,

Lee

Time will tell. I got the impression that the ATX department of CCH thinks they pulled off a touchdown with 2013. The meeting I was in was led by the director of commercial software (TRX) and it seemed that they were more interested in TRX than ATX. 8 users attended, 3 of us were ATX.

I saw a strong indication that they are not willing to "remember" any damage that users experienced in 2012, or in 2013 as a result of the huge disaster. In my personal business, not being able to do things timely cost me 10 clients that were new clients in 2012. The reason given when asked: "It took you too long." My small firm lost sales of over $2,000 in tax year 2013 as a result of 2012.

"We won't talk about 2012 anymore. We admitted it was a mistake, and we have moved forward."

This was the major attitude point I took away from the meeting.

Yeah, You can see that in the way communicate with users, both in what they say and what they don't say.

ATX seems to have decided that it's not worth it to attempt to fix the problems of the users that are saying, "Fix this or I'm leaving."

In spite of everything, their retention rate must be high enough for them to be profitable. If it wasn't, they would fix more stuff.

Personally, I think that they would have to raise their fees, in order to afford to fix everything.

If they raised their fees very much, then more users would switch to Drake etc.