ATX Community

WHAT'S NEW IN ATX 2014

Lee B

I just finished watching a one hour online ATX Class about the changes for 2014.

First, most of the changes are supposedly in the background to make the program load and run

faster and smoother. (We will see ) The changes in the following areas seem to be improvements :

1.  Client Letter Preferences

2.  Backup Preferences

3.  Rollover Changes

4.  New Bank Account Master Form, which automatically loads with every return.

5  Manual Backup and Restore

6.  Search Features

Things of note:

1.  The Search Feature now will search the complete Client Database and dashes in the SSN

are no longer needed.

2.  Help is no longer available on your Hard Disk and will be hosted online. Probably will be an

unwelcome change for those who don't have a reasonably fast internet connection.

3.  Your setup/installation data is not included as part of your automatic backups.

If you look at your Manual Backup Screen on the right hand side there is a column

titled "Other Data" and at the very bottom is "Setup Data". You will have to check 

that box to include your specific Setup Data in your manual backup.

Click on this link to download a  pdf of the class coursebook.

http://download.cchsfs.com/EventsEmail/ATX-ENH-101-W-14-C.pdf

Overall nothing really significant. If ATX 2014 just loads faster and runs smoother that's all I want !

I just finished watching a one hour online ATX Class about the changes for 2014.

First, most of the changes are supposedly in the background to make the program load and run

faster and smoother. (We will see ) The changes in the following areas seem to be improvements :

1.  Client Letter Preferences

2.  Backup Preferences

3.  Rollover Changes

4.  New Bank Account Master Form, which automatically loads with every return.

5  Manual Backup and Restore

6.  Search Features

Things of note:

1.  The Search Feature now will search the complete Client Database and dashes in the SSN

are no longer needed.

2.  Help is no longer available on your Hard Disk and will be hosted online. Probably will be an

unwelcome change for those who don't have a reasonably fast internet connection.

3.  Your setup/installation data is not included as part of your automatic backups.

If you look at your Manual Backup Screen on the right hand side there is a column

titled "Other Data" and at the very bottom is "Setup Data". You will have to check 

that box to include your specific Setup Data in your manual backup.

Click on this link to download a  pdf of the class coursebook.

http://download.cchsfs.com/EventsEmail/ATX-ENH-101-W-14-C.pdf

Overall nothing really significant. If ATX 2014 just loads faster and runs smoother that's all I want !

And they want more money for these "improvements?"  Makes you go hmmmmmmm

Sorry, it worked on Saturday when I posted it. My conspiracy theory is that someone from ATX took it down

after seeing the post on this board. The pdf by itself is more of a talking points outline which was useful in

combination with the presenters comments. The next free webinar for ATX Enhancements is scheduled for

3:00 PM EST December 10th. You can sign up on the ATX site under Product Training / Webinars.

I thought it was worth knowing where they had made changes even though none of them were big.