ATX Community

EFTPS Problems

JillCrim

I am asking for some help, please.  I am unable to open the EFTPS website.  It says it is experiencing "technical difficulties" but my friend was able to open it and my grandson was able to open it on his cellphone.  Any ideas?

Use a different browser

Are you using IE 11 on both? Clear your cookies and make sure that "active X filtering" is not checked.

For testing, lower the security level for Internet on IE. Don't forget to put back after your testing.

Your firewall could be at fault. I normally have a Verizon MiFi with me for laptops to test using a different connection.

The EFTPS site now has a statement, that the site supports IE and Firefox. Does not mention Chrome. 

IE 11 has had a number of problems this year.

Now that you mention it... why do some of you guys have IE set up to automatically update? I was with IE 9 for a while and I now use IE 10. I am not updating until IE 11 matures a bit more. I use IE as my default browser and I am always a bit behind and I use FireFox, the latest and greatest.

This is my rule of thumb... I wait 12-18 months to upgrade my OS, and 4-12 months to update IE.