ATX Community

ATX 14.2 Payroll Update may have Import Issues

Lee B

•  

Copied from the ATX Board:

Re: 2014 payroll software

The update is now available, but I encountered issues and the person I spoke with in support put in three bug reports for development. The issues I encountered are as follows:

First when I imported a W-2 file created in QuickBooks I got an error that said some data was not imported. The review screen showed a blank 1099-INT form and the list of data that did not import showed all data for the W-2s. When I opted to import anyway I got a return with a blank return name that contained only a blank info sheet.

Secondly when I imported a 1099 file created in QuickBooks the company name was placed in the Doing Business As field on the Payer Information tab instead of the Payer's Name field causing the return to have no auto generated return name (It was blank.).

Finally when I imported a 1099 file created in Peachtree I got an error that some items were not imported. The review screen listed the Payer's phone number followed by the Payer's state, but both items showed correctly. When I imported all of the data came in, but the company name was listed in both the Payer's Name field and the Doing Business As field

Copied from this mornings ATX Blog

QuickBooks W-2 import (2014)

To import forms W-2  from QuickBooks for 2014, choose the Copy D, 2-up format instead of Copy A when generating .xps files to import into W2/1099 or Payroll Compliance.  For all other years, please choose Copy A.