ATX Community

Info on Fee Collect needed

GeorgeM

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your fee from fee collect?

I prepared a return and according to the IRS the direct deposit should have been made on the 15th, but with fee collect it did not show on the 15th (yesterday). when can I expect it so I can tell my client.

Choose Bank Manager

Then choose reports at the top.

Then choose Fee Report

Everything you want to know about all bank products, including Fee Collect, will be there. It will even print.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your fee from fee collect?

I prepared a return and according to the IRS the direct deposit should have been made on the 15th, but with fee collect it did not show on the 15th (yesterday). when can I expect it so I can tell my client.

I've noticed that sometimes direct deposits using bank products take a couple of days longer than a straight IRS direct deposit.

Just have the client check with his bank on Monday.

Eli

The first FeeCollect I did took until the following Monday before I received my deposit - but the taxpayer received theirs on the proper Friday. This week the taxpayer deposits were made to their accounts and I received my fees on Friday. There was an announcement made by SBBT that some deposits were not received in time this week. You can also go to the SBBT website and run various reports about FeeCollect and other bank products you may have through them. If it's your first year you need the number they sent you in a mailing after acceptance in the program - otherwise just use the same info as last year. I would also recheck the ACK info for that return and make sure there was no debt code and/or the acceptance date warranted a Friday deposit...and hour later than required and it kicks to the next Friday.