ATX Community

Two questions/suggestions for Eric and Admis

Pacun

I have posted a couple of ACA questions on the regular forum and I would like to be moved to the ACA forums after I got my answers. That way we will have all ACA answers in one place. As you will understand the first forum we check is the general Forum and chances are that I will get more answers if I post there.

The other question: Is it possible to get a PM when my post is moved?

I moved one called "line 61 ACA question" and don't see any other topic by you in general chat about the ACA. If you PM one of us or post the title, it can also be moved.   ETA - was it the other topic that was a warning to us about the return being able to be filed even though line 61 is blank?  That topic is now 3 pages back for me at this time.

The forum doesn't automatically send a PM when posts are moved. I can't answer for Eric or KC, but I would prefer that questions pertaining to the ACA be posted in that section from the start.  If everyone posted all the topics in general chat and then expected the moderators to move them, we really don't know when you have the answer you seek, but not everyone visits this forum with the same frequency, and that would add extra work for us. Eric doesn't read many of the tax posts and wouldn't know if the topic had been answered to a particular person's satisfaction, and my time will be more limited on here very soon.

• Like 1

Pacun, it would really be best for everyone if all the ACA questions were in the ACA forum.  We will be moving them when we see them, for that reason.  Yes, most members start with the general chat, and yes, a few only read the general chat, but I do believe that the whole reason so many asked for that special forum was to make it easier to find those answers.  Lets give it a chance to serve that purpose.  

I can only speak for myself (of course).  But at this point I'm checking the ACA forum more frequently due to the new changes & also because it is a smaller forum.

Actually I'm more worried about the repair reg rules than the ACA.  Granted it affects a fewer number of clients, but the new repair reg rules are much more confusing (to me) and there seems to be so many contradictions in methods.  I'm glad to see some of these posts pinned.  Personally, I wouldn't mind a separate forum for the repair regs, but understand that we don't want to have too many separate forums.  Just my 2 cents.

• Like 5