ATX Community

TOTALLY INCOMPETENT TP BOOKKEEPER

mrichman333

• 2 weeks later...

I second or third the "Dome SImplified Monthy Bookkeeping Record" as it is called if I remember correctly. My "suggestion" would be either the bookkeeper complete the Dome record for the year or I will have to create a comprehensive accounting of income and expenses that will be used for the tax return. I would make the client understand that if the bookkeeper can't enter his information properly in the Dome record, then he should not waste his money or your time (and fee) to correct it.

I have a feeling the owner of the business is pretty much in agreement with the manner in which the bookkeeper presents the year end figures to you. He/she is relying on you alone to put your head on the chopping block for figures used on the return...you have been given the bottom line and you need to make the figures jive on the return......NOT!

Stop that dog from sucking eggs for 2014 and you'll have a completely different scenario for 2015.

• Like 2

So I finally got some detailed financial info today, IN THE FORM OF 20 SCREEN SHOTS. It appears she downloaded the quickbooks MOBAL APP. So she is keeping the books of a co the does 1.1 MILLION in gross sales on a mobile app.

Incredible! You can't risk the professional manner in which your other clients records have been maintained by using screenshots of a mobile app for a business with 1.1 million in gross sales for this client who pretends to have no clue about his records and who has a bookkeeper that is less than desirable.

• Like 1

I second or third the "Dome SImplified Monthy Bookkeeping Record" as it is called if I remember correctly. My "suggestion" would be either the bookkeeper complete the Dome record for the year or I will have to create a comprehensive accounting of income and expenses that will be used for the tax return. I would make the client understand that if the bookkeeper can't enter his information properly in the Dome record, then he should not waste his money or your time (and fee) to correct it.

I have a feeling the owner of the business is pretty much in agreement with the manner in which the bookkeeper presents the year end figures to you. He/she is relying on you alone to put your head on the chopping block for figures used on the return...you have been given the bottom line and you need to make the figures jive on the return......NOT!

Stop that dog from sucking eggs for 2014 and you'll have a completely different scenario for 2015.

I did explain to him once that the IRS will hold him alone responsible for the information on the return.  AND yes I think he believes he be able to wiggle out of going to jail by blaming a bimbo and sloppy bookkeeping

• Like 1

I did explain to him once that the IRS will hold him alone responsible for the information on the return. AND yes I think he believes he be able to wiggle out of going to jail by blaming a bimbo and sloppy bookkeeping

The problem I see with your statement is IRS might see his tax preparer responsible for knowingly using the bimbo's records, or rather lack of records, in preparing the return which very possibly will cause IRS to want to look at the returns of your other clients to see if you are aiding taxpayers in submitting less than honest tax returns in your practice. You are putting your honest clients at risk for audit for allowing this taxpayer to cheat on his return. It's not worth it! I'd tell him it's complete and accurate records or the highway! Just my 2 cents.

• Like 5

So I texted my client and asked him if he could light a fire under his bookkeeper so I could get his return done and that the little bit of information she sent me is totally meaningless.

Well I have no idea what he said to her but she called me all P.O'd , going on about how she has known him for 15 and he trust her completely, and what discrepancies did I find...yada yada yada.   What the heck!!!!   I DON"T NEED THIS!  

He is getting hit with a BIG PITA fee this year.

• Like 1