ATX Community

About those links...

jklcpa

I just saw another very good reason to use the "report" function here, or at least a very good reason for sending a PM.

There was a link posted recently that took me to a site that one of my security software programs indicated was suspicious and cautioned me to not proceed. I've deleted the link so don't worry about that specifically, but what I want to say is that, in future, if anyone clicks on a link that is going to a malicious or suspicious site or that you are concerned about and think we should know, please consider using the report function, or consider PM'ing one of the moderators or Eric directly so that one of us can take a look.  That report function doesn't have to mean that the poster has done something bad or wrong; it gives us a heads up to take a look at a post, and it gives us a link directly to the post making it easy and quick for us to find.  A PM would also work but wouldn't necessarily get attention as quickly as a report would.

Also, if you are the poster and are beyond the time allowed for editing, you are always welcome to contact us to fix a post too.

• Like 7

I'm willing to fix a nonfunctional link if it's beyond the time allowed for the OP to edit the post, and if I can figure out the actual place the link should go to, otherwise OP or someone would need to send us that info.  With the links that might be malicious, obviously dealing with those expeditiously is more important than one that is nonfunctional.

When someone sends a "report", the system makes a record of it and any comments sent, and allows any of us to read it, make comments and take actions. The difference with that and PMs is that the PM is seen by only its recipient, and then you'd be waiting for that exact person to respond the next time he or she visits this site.  It really depends on how quickly you think something needs attention and action.

Edited by jklcpa
  • Like 2