ATX Community

ATX Re: Tax Prep Partner 1040 Lite

I got an email today from ATX that along with my ATX MAX they are shipping 2015 ATX Tax Prep partner 1040 Lite. I have never heard of this product. I googled the phrase but I did not get a satisfactory response.

does anybody knows what it does and Is CCH going to charge extra money for this product. 

Thanks fo ryour help.

Naveen Mohan

https://www.cchsfs.com/research/default.aspx#tpp  On this linked page, scroll down to the "Lite" version. Lite appears to refer to the fact that it is for the 1040 series only.  The lite version is included in the price of the MAX package.  

" Includes detailed explanations from the experts at CCH, real-world examples, cautions, compliance tips and more"

This is from the MAX page  (sorry can't get rid of the bold, stupid formatting)

Expert Tax Research & Learning:

• CCH® U.S. Master Tax Guide® (print, online & mobile)
  • Tax Prep Partner 1040 Lite (online & mobile), Includes detailed explanations from the experts at CCH, real-world examples, cautions, compliance tips and more

And here is the brochure for the full version of the Tax Prep Partner research. Under Integration it runs on the IntelliConnect platform and that it is accessed from within the foundation product ProSystem Fx, but doesn't address the Lite version that is included with ATX MAX.  If the Lite version is truly integrated within MAX also, wouldn't it be launched by clicking on the Research icon across the top of the MAX program? Whether or not it requires separate download or log in isn't specified. 

COPIED FROM THE ATX BOARD:

Yes, it is the CCH 1040 Explanations in IntelliConnect.

Access your tax research in IntelliConnect through the Tax Research menu, toolbar and right-click menu when working on a form.

If you don't know your login, request your IntelliConnect registration email.  Then add your login to Preferences so you will be logged in automatically from ATX.

Karen DeGasperis
Product Manager, Research and Learning
Wolters Kluwer, CCH Small Firm Service

• Like 2