ATX Community

Password Monster

Chrisbry

The Password monster finally got me. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Not going to be a pleasant Monday Morning tomorrow. Not to mention I am STILL waiting on 940 ACK's (which they blame on the IRS problems), STILL waiting on 2 Corporate and one 1041 ACK that were filed early last week.

I wonder if I should send ATX a bill for the time that I am on hold? :blink:

Unfortunately, it dosen't work when you are locked out. After ten days, I just got a reply to my third email giving my instructions that I followed to the letter. I felt I was on an endless loop. I entered the Client number, ADMIN, the numbers, then the secret question the the magic phrase, you account is locked out click here to reset. Again and again .....................

Well, move over JRS -- I'm in that endless loop with you.

It locks you out within 3 tries. They have our accounts locked up tighter than Fort Knox! I don't know what is so important or secret that we need to change our passwords CONSTANTLY. Even when I am able to get into MYATX, it doesn't tell me much.

Have you followed the steps given to reset your password? It is a little confusing, but it does work. I've done it twice, so I know. :wub:

Does ATX actually notify you when your password is about to expire? My day must be coming soon...wonder if I should monitor it myself...

>>"I don't know what is so important or secret that we need to change our passwords CONSTANTLY"<<

I have a little better understanding of their thought process since I learned that the same password game is used for bank products users. I don't use bank products & this does not help me, but I can see the logic...

>>"Does ATX actually notify you when your password is about to expire? "<<

Are you kidding???

>>"My day must be coming soon...wonder if I should monitor it myself... "<<

git er done!

Well, move over JRS -- I'm in that endless loop with you.

It locks you out within 3 tries. They have our accounts locked up tighter than Fort Knox! I don't know what is so important or secret that we need to change our passwords CONSTANTLY. Even when I am able to get into MYATX, it doesn't tell me much.

Some sort of record two email replies to my password and locked out problems in one day, only after waiting ten days. The solution still didn't work. "I unlocked your account." unfortunately, my account didn't get the message.

I was advised by a tech support person that even their computers will be locked out if they don't change passwords. He said he changes his at the beginning of each month, using the same password followed by the number of the month, such as xxxxxx01, xxxxxx02, xxxxxx03 etc. I started doing that in January and have had no problems.

Joel