ATX Community

ATX - Form 8283

MAMalody

I am stumpted.  I use ATX software.  I have an individual who has donated a vehicle to Habitat for Humanity.  They issued a Form 1098-C.  I made the entry on the Schedule A line 17 worksheet and filled out the imput sheet for the donee information worksheet of the Form 8283.  My quandry is how do I enter the rest of the info.  The other worksheets do not allow me to enter the rest of the info for the donation, that is the Part 1Line 1 worksheets.  I have tried deleting the form and starting it over.  I have left off the info on Schedule A worksheet.  No way to fill in the rest of the info. The only other thing I can think of is that the Form 8283 is not required with the Form 1098-C is present, but I am not sure I accept that. I think I am missing something in the software.

Mike...maybe this will help:

Form 1098-C. You must attach to your return Copy B of the Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes, (or other statement containing the same information as Form 1098-C) you received from the organization. The Form 1098-C (or other statement) will show the gross proceeds from the sale of the vehicle. 

If you e-file your return, you must:

• Attach Copy B of Form 1098-C to Form 8453 and mail the forms to the IRS, or
  • Include Copy B of Form 1098-C as a PDF attachment if your software program allows it (see below for instructions).

If you don't attach Form 1098-C (or other statement), you cannot deduct your contribution.

Just fill in the amount on the front of Schedule A and then attach the 1098-C to the return.