ATX Community

OH RITA & CCA

Terry O

I want to efile a client's Ohio tax return refund of $160, but he worked in Highland Hills & Cleveleand ( balance due for HH is $5) and lives in Shaker Heights (form 37 - -large balance due)

My questions are - - -

if I efile his OH return - -will the RITA & CCA also efile?

Will his refund be credited towards the other balance due?

Am I better off just having him mail all the different Oh tax forms?

Thanks!!!

OK - -in the interest of saving time - -I finally decided to first - -print up the RITA & CCA - -then delete them from the return - -

THEN - -I efiled the OH to get the refund & will have the taxpayer mail in the RITA & CCA with the respective checks.

inventive - -yes - - -

time saving for refunds - - -yes

time saving for taxpayer - -no

getting the right refund from OH - - -PRICELESS!!!!

As an OH preparer, I actually see that you are catching on as to how things work here. Not only that, if you have a PY SD100, the IRS computers are not picking up lines 3 or 16, so clients are getting lots of variance letters! I have a return (and thank God that it's a relative, cause I told her to take it to her local tax office) where the client lived in Lakewood and North Royalton, paid estimated taxes to Lakewood, had income from Valley View and Olmstead Falls. Wanna try that one? NOT !

AnnieR

As an OH preparer, I actually see that you are catching on as to how things work here. Not only that, if you have a PY SD100, the IRS computers are not picking up lines 3 or 16, so clients are getting lots of variance letters! I have a return (and thank God that it's a relative, cause I told her to take it to her local tax office) where the client lived in Lakewood and North Royalton, paid estimated taxes to Lakewood, had income from Valley View and Olmstead Falls. Wanna try that one? NOT !

AnnieR

I feel your pain.... :spaz:

I, too. Isn't it fun to practice in Ohio? And how about convincing those small businesses that they have to file in all the munis where they have done business? I had a sprinkler installer who had 22, count 'em, 22 municipal returns. And technically there should have been withholding from his employees for about 15 of those. Support small business? Encourage compliance? It is challenging, to say the least.