ATX Community

How do you enter a §195 election in ATX

BulldogTom

OK, I got the elections statement, and I entered the Asset with the Z and §195 description. I even found the box on the global tab to make the election to deduct start up costs.

I have poked and clicked around and cannot get more than the normal amortization to show up anywhere.

Shouldn't it be an additional amount on the 4562? And it should flow to line 13 of Sch. C? If so, how do I get it there?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tom, the portion that you elect to write off this year, up to $5000, is taken directly on the return, as long as you do the election. If a Sch C, or F, put it on the 'Other Expenses' section. There is not a specific line for it.

That seems wierd, it does not go on the depreciation schedule? I trust you, but it seems that it should go on the 4562.

Thanks KC. You are still the greatest. When are you coming out to see your grandkids? I will take you to dinner (or have you over for some California BBQ - what you southerners call "grillin') if you want to drive up.

Tom

Lodi, CA