ATX Community

Opinions, please? (PITA client)

Catherine

1 hour ago, Medlin Software said:

it would be cash payouts

My first job for a "big" company (Woolworth, as many here will remember it) we got our pay weekly in a pay envelope, hand-stamped with sections for gross and deductions, all filled in by hand.  We had to sign for our envelope.  $71.01/week, and I lived on that by myself and saved for college.  Yikes.

• Like 1

I remember Woolworth's, and many other things my kids scoff at...

Cash payroll has a fixed cost you can easily estimate.  X hours to prepare, no unexpected later costs likely.  Non-cash payroll can always have a "later" unexpected expense, impossible to control.  Just replacing genuine lost checks costs money, let alone HDC issues, issues with a second party getting the funds, and so on.  DD is probably the cleanest as you primarily have to worry about a disgruntled co account owner.  There can be other issues you pay to "defend", but probably rare enough to not worry about.

Enough with non-positive for me today, on to good things!  My h e double hockey sticks week is 2.5 hours from being over.  Monday won't be fun, but it will be easier.  I may sit in the RV and work from there, just to pretend I am on the road somewhere!  Business remains good, and most customers are friendly, Happy and healthy wishes to all...

• Like 5