ATX Community

Border Fence Article

Eli

It seems to me if they build the fence in the high traffic areas, they can then use both enhanced technology and extra guards to deal with it in the limited areas where the wildlife commonly crosses, which the rangers should have a good knowledge of. And remember, too, that the traffic and pollution that the invaders bring with them are a danger to the wildlife, too. Also, those cats do not need large openings, they can slip through small ones that are easily guarded.

I'm all for protecting the wildlife, but I'm for protecting our boarders too. The two are not mutually exclusive, you know.

Because this is so important, and because the media and the Congress have been so quiet on the details, here is a link to an actual copy of the proposed legislation, if anyone wants to see for themselves just what it does and does not contain.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigrati...legislation.cfm

I suggest you use the 'read online' option, as this is a long bill but that option has an index that lets you go to any area you want to check out, etc.

By the way, this 'unofficial' draft version senators have access to for “discussion purposes only” is in small print and runs over 300 pages. Once the working draft is put into proper legislative form, it’s expected to be anywhere from 800 to 1,000 pages long. Ask yourself, would you buy anything, where the 'draft contract' you were to read before you sign was 30 pages long, but the actual, legal and binding 'Contract' was going to be 80 to 100 pages long, and you are to sign the 'draft', which will then be treated as if you had signed the official Contract?