ATX Community

website for efiling 1099Misc

Kea

My client filled out and mailed to clients the 1099Misc. She called to say she forgot to mail the red copies to IRS by Friday. She only does about 6-7. Is it a big deal if she mails them a few days late.

I know the efile deadline is not until the end of March. My software doesn't include the 1099s. (I switched to TRX Alliance this year, but only had the basic 1040 program with ATX anyway.)

I saw Julie's earlier post for www.filetaxes.com for doing a few 1099s. However, this service includes mailing the 1099s to the contractors. Does anyone know of a good website just for efiling to IRS?

Thanks.

Technically they are late and she could get hit with a penalty, but I've never seen it happen. I've mailed them a couple days late before and never had an issue. I even mailed my 1040V and payment a week late last year and never heard from them. Tell her to drop them in the mail and never worry about it.

What took you so long to find us - or have you been here all along and just "unmasked"?

Welcome.

tom

Lodi, CA