ATX Community

Accepted with Messages

ljwalters

Well, I don't know so I asked my secretary (okay; my wife) who inputs the EF stuff and was also confused about that message.  BUT, looking around she found a blue link to click on inside the program and it took her to a "buy healthcare insurance" website.  So anyway, she says if your return didn't have the 1040 page 2 box checked full year's insurance or had a break in coverage during the year you sometimes get that "with messages" message.  Anyway, that's what she says (and I dare not dispute her). :) 

Check your guy -- any insurance lapses?

"It destroys one's nerves to be amiable every day to the same human being."  ----   DISRAELI

If you are using ATX go to the email tab, hi-light the line with the message and push ctl-R.  That will open the return and you will see the "message" at the bottom of the page. These are instructions from the ATX site.   It is as you were told, probably an ad for "healthcare" but you never know.  There are other ways to do this and all can be found by doing a search at ATX site.

If you missed originally checking the box for the above client, I would not worry about it (especially since they do have coverage). No amend. Maybe the IRS will catch it and ask, maybe not.   An amended return would just complicate matters for them.  Remember -- rule of thumb --- KISS, especially for government IRS.