ATX Community

Charities get entire estate.

TaxmannEA

This is a new one for me. A former client passed and has left his entire estate to several charities in the area. He had no relatives as far as we know. Do I show the entire 1041 income going as a charitable deduction , or do I need to do K-1s for the organizations? I'm leaning toward the charitable deduction, but do not want to mess up. 

I'm still confused regarding the 1041A. Is it necessary to file the form if we this is the first and final return?  There was no accumulation of funds in prior years as there were no prior years for the estate. Maybe I'm just trying to make sense out of a government form. (unrealistic )

Thanks. I'd already read that, but it's amazing how much better it looks when I've actually had a good night's sleep. I think they're not required due to the fact that the estate was fully distributed in the first year, I think I need a brain recharge if there is such a thing.

• Like 1