ATX Community

NT: CA folks who would like a dog

Catherine

https://savingdogslife.blogspot.com/2017/11/safe-from-traffic-now-heading-death-row.html

United Voice Raised Against Abuse, Torture And Mindless Killing Of Innocent Voiceless

Home / Need Networking / Safe from traffic, now heading death row at high kill shelter

Safe from traffic, now heading death row at high kill shelter

Flower melted my heart the minute I️ met her, she was found on Mill Street running in traffic. Flower cuddled in my arms, she's just so loving and precious, a darling 5 month old female Chi who needs a good forever home.

img1.jpg

FLOWER ID #A509321
Available November 15

I am a female, blonde Chihuahua - Smooth Coated mix. Shelter staff think I am about 5 months old. I have been at the shelter since Nov 07, 2017.

If you are my owner, you must physically come to the shelter to claim me. We are located at 333 Chandler Place, San Bernardino, CA 92408. Our Lost & Found hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am to 5 pm.

Petharbor link here: http://petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=SBCT.A509321

San Bernardino City Shelter, CA doesn't have many networkers, we really need your help sharing our dogs. The local rescues are full and we're in big trouble!

San Bernardino City Animal Shelter
333 Chandler Place, San Bernardino, CA
Closed Sunday and Monday
Telephone: (909) 384-1304

Rescues please email Jennifer, the SBC rescue coordinator with ID asap if interested in helping. [email protected].

LATEST STATUS : 
Sunday, 12 November 2017 - NO UPDATE RECEIVED, read comment for update from crossposter

Speak Up! please share this story on Facebook or Twitter so we are closer to finding this terrified soul a home. We have done it so many times together, and can certainly do it again. Thank you! 

ABOUT UPDATE: 
If you have the latest UPDATE please post it on comment section so everyone can read. Thank you for sharing and networking

• Like 2

Or contact a Greyhound rescue group near you!  I personally am part of a Greyhound rescue group.  Besides the usual volunteer tasks, I have the pleasure (and pain) of picking up newly released former racers from Caliente MX.  Of course, my last trip was cancelled, since the van was a victim of the Tubbs fire in Santa Rosa.  (A replacement has been found, so we are again ready to go when the next batch of dogs becomes available for pickup).

The two, so far, we have kept for ourselves are sleeping near me now... one was 5 1/2 when we got her, able to survive over 400 races (that we know of) with no injuries, and in some cases, in 110f heat of the now closed Tucson track.  She had been shipped cross country twice, as she was fairly good when she was young  The other, Bella, was smart enough not to be so good at racing, and was able to get out just after her 2nd birthday. She is now 9.

Gracie is in the foreground.  She is the one with so many races.  The tongue hanging out is her trademark. Since she was not freed until so late, her teeth were in extra poor condition when we got her.  Despite valiant attempts, it became proper, for her sake, to take out what was left of her 42 teeth (all dogs have 42 teeth to start with). Around town, she actually has a fan club of sorts, and gets recognized.  We take her to meet and greets, so many people meet and fall in love with her.  (Note, I smudged her collar because it has our personal cell phone on it.)  Gracie is now 11, and acts, like her servant, not a day over 2...

Image1.jpg

If you note the motor home as my member picture, when we got it, the first thing I did was take out the dinette, to make floor space for the dog beds... Happy DOGS, happy life! (My wife approved it as well :))

• Like 4