ATX Community

Sigma Tax Pro

Roberts

When I downloaded and started the installation process it literally said Drake Tax Software. It was the installation program that I've seen before with choosing the states.

I've seen others mention it, I think the price quoted requires using bank products - I don't use bank products. The price for the normal software is $999. I'll try installing on a backup laptop at some point.

Found it under "About Us" that says they are "powered by" Crosslink, Drake, and TaxWise.  I wondered if that is what the letters on their various products meant when I saw it. 1040-DR would be the Drake platform.  Personally I'd rather buy directly from Drake for the higher price and know that I have full product support. Search the forum for "reseller" and you'll get lots of hits on troubles users here had with other resellers in past years.

Sigma Tax Pro is dedicated to providing professional tax preparation software solutions at the lowest prices available. Our mission is to enable tax preparers to maximize their revenue and increase client satisfaction. We understand our client’s needs and aim to provide premium customer service and committed tax preparation support. Our software products are powered by the leading developers of tax preparation software including, Crosslink®, Drake® and TaxWise®. The volume discounts we qualify for enable us to provide these software products at considerably lower prices than the industry standard. We then pass these savings on to our clients and offer numerous incentives and rebates that can take their tax preparation business to new levels. Sigma Tax Pro knows tax preparation and we power tax professionals.

1 hour ago, jklcpa said:

Found it under "About Us" that says they are "powered by" Crosslink, Drake, and TaxWise.  I wondered if that is what the letters on their various products meant when I saw it. 1040-DR would be the Drake platform.  Personally I'd rather buy directly from Drake for the higher price and know that I have full product support. Search the forum for "reseller" and you'll get lots of hits on troubles users here had with other resellers in past years.

I agree totally. I am one of those users from the past that tried at least three resellers and will never go back again. The full price of Drake is well worth the investment. Support is phenomenal and after using Drake for the last 4 years, I spend zero minutes/hours trying to figure out why something isn't working. When ATX was Sabre, I thought that was the best ever and rightly so until the CCH take over. I realize that sometimes the size of the business dictates the amount needed to spend on software so look at all of your options.