ATX Community

Savings Account in UK

taxdan

Clients have savings account in UK and earned small amount of interest reported in British pounds. Does anyone know how to convert this since it was earned throughout the year?....or is the conversion simply done on the amount at each date paid...monthly I would imagine.

Thanks!

Dan

Clients have savings account in UK and earned small amount of interest reported in British pounds. Does anyone know how to convert this since it was earned throughout the year?....or is the conversion simply done on the amount at each date paid...monthly I would imagine.

Thanks!

Dan

I would convert when paid. Goggle conversion and the website will come up. Can't remember off top of head.

Thanks!

Dan

I have a client who comes from the UK, that now resides as a citizen in the U.S.

I use the 12/31 values provided by the various exchange rate services. The 12/31/07 conversion rate I used was 1.98 from British pounds to U.S. dollars.

I have a client who comes from the UK, that now resides as a citizen in the U.S.

I use the 12/31 values provided by the various exchange rate services. The 12/31/07 conversion rate I used was 1.98 from British pounds to U.S. dollars.

Try the website www.oanda.com. It is free and does a great job converting based on specific dates or yearly average.